Thursday, May 7, 2009

Mr. Joyce Goes Bye Bye

Today is Mr. Joyce's last day. He did it. He was successful. Most importantly, I truly believe he will be missed by the students he taught. He will even be missed by some students he didn't teach. Though many students might not admit it, he made a difference. I know because I saw his rapport with the students on a daily basis.

One thing I know he will do (because he said it to one of the classes today) is laugh every day he teaches. This is something I feel is very important...even when students don't get my jokes. Mr. Joyce and I laughed all the time during his student teaching here at Northview. I truly believe that taking work seriously is important; however, it's more important to find the humor in daily events because that is what gets one through the work. Humor makes life less tedious.

Anywho, I know Mr. Joyce will be successful wherever he may land, and I wish him all the luck.

1 comment:

Hilary said...

Mr. Joyce is my favorite student teacher ever! Even though he did nothing for our creative writing class teaching wise, he did bring entertainment. I really want him to come back and visit one day... :)